Microsoft Corporation IFM Operations Manager in Beijing, China
The China sub region portfolio comprises of 1.8M sqf with 9,993 headcount.
Objective of Position:
Responsible for the management of Integrated Facilities Management operations strategy and execution, supplier relationships management to deliver best value to Microsoft and program management to achieve a high level of employee engagement and meet all operational excellence standards. This individual will partner with RE&F functions of Strategy, Transaction Management and Project Management as well as business partners such as IT, Security and HR to ensure successful execution that will translate into measurable year-over-year improvements in employee satisfaction, efficiency and effectiveness.
Drive IFM strategic planning in collaboration with regional stakeholders and alignment with portfolio Real Estate strategy, business needs and operational requirements. Ensure successful execution.
Maintain strong trusted relationships with key business partners to achieve integrated seamless Facilities related projects and service delivery.
Ensure that IFM outsourcing supplier complies with contractual obligations, scope of work and key performance indicators. Oversee change order process.
Orchestrate rhythm of the business activities and deliverables in alignment with the region. Facilitate business reviews with outsourcing supplier.
Ensure that outsourcing supplier staffing models at the account management and local delivery levels are consistent across suppliers and efficient for service delivery.
Conduct performance evaluation of outsourcing supplier, monitor and track performance. Proactively identify and resolve systemic issues.
Be a subject matter expert to RE&F to facilitate decisions and contribute with recommendations to outsourcing suppliers to improve the design and delivery of RE&F services. Promote innovation and continuous improvements.
Contribute with IFM platform to identify, develop and implement programs and best practices within the region. Ensure regional perspective is represented and needs are communicated
Institutionalize a culture of service excellence by the delivery of "world class" services to the RE&F client base in a consistent manner and within approved operating expense budget.
Partner with Procurement and IFM COE Platform in the development of a multi yr sourcing roadmap, participate in outsourcing supplier selection and lead transitions. Monitor IFM supplier base sourcing.
Ensure that RE&F is in compliance with all statutory and reporting regulations and Microsoft policies and controls. Maintain stringent policies regarding data integrity.
Oversee successful transitions from transactions and projects to operations.
Support the annual, capital and operating budgeting and planning process.
Professional/Personal Skill Requirements
• Real Estate, Facilities and/or Hospitality industry knowledge and experience required. Bachelor´s Degree or related graduate degree preferred.
• A degree of cultural awareness, demonstrated experience in working with diverse cultures and empathy to understand other´s perspectives.
• High energy and enthusiasm to effectively manage the outsourcing supplier service delivery function.
• Strong program and project management skills across strategic priorities and initiatives. Ability to apply change management methods as required.
• Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, conclude direction and make critical decisions.
• Strong communications (written and verbal) and presentation skills; proficient in English (written and spoken).
• A willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
• 7+ years´ experience in business operations management role. Key areas of experience are business planning, stakeholder management, strategic vendor management and management of cross-geographic and cross-team initiatives.
• 5+ years´ experience managing corporate real estate and facilities functions.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results, meeting and exceeding expectations
• Ability to collaborate well with cross functional groups and build virtual teams to effectively collaborate with others.
• Understanding of intersecting points across Real Estate functions and key business partners.
Drive for Results
Influencing for Impact