AmeriGas Operations Supervisor in Bayfield, Colorado
AmeriGas Propane is the nation's largest propane distributor, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers in all 50 states. AmeriGas is listed on the New York stock exchange [NYSE: APU]. For more information visit our website at www.amerigas.com
Job Summary: With a commitment to safety, oversees the district employees in the day-to-day district activities including scheduling, dispatching, administrative responsibilities, customer sales and service and safety. Will perform the duties of a CRR, Delivery Representative or Service Technician at least 80% of the time. The Operations Supervisor title does not mean that each position is identical from District to District where the responsibilities will vary depending on business needs.
Core Competencies: • Safety Mindset - Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of safety to the company; considers the impact on safety when making decisions; consistently models safety practices • Customer Focus - Makes customers the highest priority, second only to safety; is committed to meeting the needs of all customers; establishes rapport and engages customers in discussion of their needs; • Integrity & Trustworthiness - Demonstrates high professional and personal standards; treats people fairly and with respect; handles confidential information appropriately. • Communication - Listens and responds appropriately to others; articulates ideas clearly, persuasively, and concisely • Meets Commitments - Sees issues through to completion; checks with appropriate parties to ensure issues have been completely resolved; finds ways to overcome barriers that initially prevents oneself from immediately solving problems and getting the job done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs the duties of a CRR, Service Tech, or Delivery Representative
• Supervises district activities by directing work of others in the most efficient manner
• Assists with the training of new hires and providing feedback to the District Manager and Area Director regarding employee and customer issues.
• Perform all daily functions in a safe manner by adhering to all federal and state codes and regulations, in addition to all AmeriGas Safety and Operations Policies and Procedures.
• Communicates Safety policies and procedures to district employees and support compliance. Participates in all Safety meetings
• Maintains excellent customer relations by providing courteous professional and timely service
• Resolves customer inquiries, problems and complaints not handled by other district employees involving the District Manager and Area Director as needed.
• Promotes district growth by responding to direct sales inquiries from potential customers; communicating and distributing location specials and marketing programs to customers
• Performs administrative work (A/P Invoices, Credit Memos, Promotional Giveaways, etc) as authorized by the District Manager or Area Director.
• Order parts and fittings and manage district hardgoods inventory levels.
• Manage district propane inventory by placing monthly fuel schedules and monitoring inventory levels and also conducting a monthly physical inventory.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • Must have ability to work well independently and with others • Ability to prioritize and multi-task • Ability to take direction and provide direction to others. • Customer service mindset • Ability to work confidentially and closely with the trust and confidence of the District Manager and Area Director. • Problem-solving skills to appropriately plan day-to-day district needs.
Education and Experience Required: • Required federal, state and local licenses/permits/certifications for work being performed. Ability to deal with code enforcement officials, regulatory personnel and permitting jurisdictions. • High school diploma required, college degree preferred. • Two or more years in the propane industry preferred • Computer skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
Working conditions: • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hazardous or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot or cold and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and flammable materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. The employee will be working in both office and external work environments
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 7008