LGS Innovations Geolocation Operator in Augusta, Georgia
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is seeking a * Geolocation Operator for our Augusta, GA site location. *
*In this position you will: * Under limited supervision execute tasks involving collection, processing, and geolocation via active means, with reporting of results in accordance with established requirements and priorities.
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is dedicated to protecting America from harm by supporting the missions of the Department of Defense and its Intelligence Community partners. With a highly educated and experienced team, Axios designs, develops, delivers, and operates leading-edge processing solutions and products in the fields of communications, digital signal processing, software, network engineering, system engineering, and system integration. Axios puts a strong emphasis on innovation, agility, honesty, trustworthiness, and teamwork, and offers mission-focused technological innovation to address critical needs in the areas of RF communications, mission operations, frameworks and open processing architectures, software defined radio, and tactical programs.
Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, Axios provides mission-focused support across several U.S. and overseas locations. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and maintain collection and processing paths for search and data collection activities
- Use active geolocation tools/systems for geolocation processing
- Use passive geolocation tools/systems for geolocation processing
- Use various provided tools and databases to report or log results
- Provide first instance troubleshooting of active and passive geolocation systems anomalies and collection system anomalies, and identify anomalies requiring further support for problem investigation and mitigation
- Provide operator assistance to troubleshooting teams investigating hard problems, degraded collection systems, and experimental methods
- Maintain proficiency certification per Customer requirements
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and 4-6 years of related experience or a combination of education and related experience.
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience as either an active or passive geolocation operator (or equivalent) and satisfactory certification at Customer’s Journeyman level of performance, which includes certifications in four areas: collection, passive geolocation, active geolocation, and search & survey.
- Knowledge of collection systems and procedures within the military community
- Experience with real-time processing of wireless communications devices and/or experience with Time/Frequency difference of arrival geolocation operations and/or experience with multi-aperture direction finding is a plus
- Experience using mapping tools and conducting data pulls
- Relevant linguistic ability and experience and/or target analysis experience is a plus
- TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph, active clearance
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Basic Collection Certification from our clients
- Passive Geolocation Certification from our clients
- Search and Survey Certification from our clients
- Active Geolocation Certification in one of our clients’ areas of interest
For a listing of all LGS Innovations and Axios open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Augusta, GA
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Geolocation Operator
Location: Augusta, GA
Travel Requirements: Travel to other Axios Locations or Customer Sites as necessary