FLP Group Digital 4 Color Printer Operator in Auburn, New York
NY1141757 Digital 4 Color Printer Operator for FLP Group
Job Summary: The Digital 4 Color Printer Operator is responsible for producing projects in compliance with job specifications and in accordance with company quality standards and procedures. The Digital 4 Color Printer Operator will coordinate his/her workload schedule to meet customer timeframe requirements while achieving optimum productivity. The Printer Operator will perform daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment to ensure optimum output while working closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations.
As the Digital 4 Color Printer Operator and a member of the Production Team, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals. The Digital 4 Color Printer Operator is responsible for supporting the company vision and mission through the following:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for customers.
- Quality product and value in eyes of customers
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times for all
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards
Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
- Coordinate with Production Team to produce jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Comply with all OSHA and Company safety requirements.
- Wear appropriate safety protection when using or mixing chemicals.
- Participate as a key player in the Production Team by supporting operations as needed.
- Communicate effectively with the Owner, the Operations Manager, Pressroom Supervisor, the Sales Team, and the Production Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that both sales and customer objectives are met.
- Ensure consistent housekeeping in assigned zone and work area
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company manual.
- Operate Digital 4 Color equipment such as (Indigo and IGEN) following company procedures.
- Perform all press operator functions as noted on the work order/job tickets.
- Prepare Stock for jobs when necessary.
- Always work in a safe manner and inform supervisor of any safety concern immediately
- Interface with the Customer Service Representative (CSR) and/or the Graphic Designer to receive color match approval prior to printing job.
- Match printed job to provided proof (if provided)
- Check for obvious errors
- Maintain knowledge of safety requirements of job and equipment; be familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets regarding chemicals used.
- Operate bindery equipment as needed.
- Assist with job packaging as needed.
Equipment and Supplies
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures and update maintenance logs.
- Monitor and manage inventory of equipment consumables. Order and stock supplies as instructed by supervisor using a pre-approved standard list of consumables.
- Inform supervisor of equipment problems.
- High school or GED equivalent.
- Vocational/technical degree in graphic arts is desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of press experience for a 1-color press operator.
- Three years recent press experience with Digital 4 color equipment such as Indigo and IGEN.
- Requires good mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat)
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of problem solving on press.
- Good understanding of prepress functions.
- Meet or exceed minimum test results as designated by hiring manager.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply in person at 301 Clark St., Auburn.
Call before coming in person.