Turner Broadcasting Turner Studios - Business Operations Apprentice in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Turner Studios - Business Operations Apprentice
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
What is Turner Studios?
Turner Studios is a full-service creative production organization that is integrated into Turner's domestic and international brands. Our capabilities include live television production, experiential marketing events, editing, visual effects, sound design and scenic, as well as 3D animation and finishing.
The Business Operations group in Turner Studios works to manage and track all budgets and network partner allocations. We administer the scheduling tool that all departments use to book and track artist schedules, we process payroll for our Production Freelancers, and we track and process invoices and operating expenses for the business. The team also creates and provides monthly reports for our network partners and Turner Studios leadership. We work with teams from all departments and we must know the business inside and out to do our jobs.
What is the Apprentice Program?
Created specifically for Turner Studios, this program provides Apprentices with a deeper hands-on learning experience as part of a specific division of Turner Studios. Apprentices will be an integral part of the Turner Studios team and learn specific skills to prepare them for a career in the business. The Apprentice Program looks for creative, innovative, and business minded people who think outside the box; people with a passion for entertainment and a viewpoint on the continued evolution of the media industry. The Apprentice will be selected to receive a hands-on learning experience for 24 months.
This program is paid, with benefits. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
What will you be doing?
- You will work with Manager of Business Operations to manage the Production Freelance payroll process.
- The Business Operations Apprentice will be responsible for coding and approving invoices & expense reports.
- You will work with management to refine and implement processes in order to make operations run more effectively.
- Occasionally assist in various administrative projects as assigned.
- You may be asked to take on special projects as skill level and time permit.
What we need from you!
- Bachelor's Degree, prior internship and some experience inside a work environment are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel!
- Experience in financial and payroll operations is a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of Turner Brands (TNT/TBS/CNN/TCM/CN/Adult Swim/TruTV)
- Must be willing to work on multiple projects at once, have the ability to juggle projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines.
- The ability to think strategically in order to successfully work with individuals and groups internally, while possessing extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Production knowledge is not necessary, but helpful.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.