Turner Broadcasting Spring 2018 Intern - esports Business Operations in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Spring 2018 Intern - esports Business Operations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The ELEAGUE core team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and expanding Turner's role in esports. A small team of Turner employees work side-by-side daily with our WME | IMG partners to create compelling consumer-focused esports content and tournaments. The team manages everything from production, operations, digital, marketing, and distribution.
What will you be doing?
As an ELEAGUE intern, you will be supporting all facets of our business. During a workday in the offseason, it could be anything from helping investigating new game titles, track budgets, or taking minutes in meetings. If we're live with a tournament, you may be learning the ropes in the control room or assisting in administrative tasks. No day will be the same, and everyone in the office, regardless of title, is expected to roll their sleeves up to help us put out the best possible product for our fans. By the end of the spring, you will have been exposed to all aspects of our business, big and small.
What do we require from you?
- Interest in the business of esports and live content production
- Willingness to learn and perform a variety of tasks
- Good judgement, positive and proactive attitude
- Must have good communication and written skills, ability to work in an extremely collaborative - at times loud, office. (We have an open floorplan.)
What’s so great about our internship program?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Spring 2018 Internship Program
January 22ndthrough April 20th
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- 20-40 hours per week dependent on schedules
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising junior status or greater.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.