Amazon.com Program Manager - Business Operations in Ashburn, Virginia
Amazon.com is looking for a highly motivated Vendor Manager to support the Network Scaling and Integration team’s actions to manage & scale one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate across all of our services it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability. We look for innovative ways to deploy and scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
This role is with the AWS Network Scaling and Integration (NSI) team. You will provide vendor management support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, expanding and innovating our Cloud datacenters. You will help manage our cabling vendors which will require working with all organizational levels and groups including network deployment staff, network scaling staff and other project management teams. You will develop and manage vendor deliverables, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and host business operations reviews with our vendors.
A solid background in business operations, vendor management and a technical background is essential for your success in this position. You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget. You must be able to gain the intellectual respect of engineers in order to manage extremely effective projects while dealing with compressed timelines and ambiguity. You should be passionate about problem solving, managing relationships, and metric development enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
This role reports to the Global Network Scaling Manager, as NSI Program Manager based in Virginia, USA you will be responsible for supporting the global Network Scaling team with an infrastructure implementation budget of over $120 million. We are growing rapidly in existing regions as well as expanding into new regions. As a member of this team, you will work with global NSI team to:
· Serve as the key business partner working directly with global NSI vendors and other internal stakeholders to provide vendor support, process improvement, metric and financial recommendations.
· Ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to your business partners. Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners
· Report ad hoc, weekly, monthly and quarterly vendor operating metrics
· Manage the NSI vendor management process. Model, analyze and forecast vendor KPIs driving targeted performance, continuous improvement and strategic business decisions
· Analyze business and vendor results for key takeaways to achieve business objectives
· Monitor vendor compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business
· Preparing detailed models and solutions for business segments, drive business initiatives, and identify, implement, and deliver key operational efficiencies
· Develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs
· BS degree in a technical and or business discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
· Proven expertise in program initiation and scoping processes including scope development, requirements gathering, and cost/time/resource estimating
· Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities; experience of procurement and logistics, strong focus and attention to detail; the ability to work in a very fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards; project/task prioritization and schedule development
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
· Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
· Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams
· Process oriented with strong organizational, multitasking, and prioritization abilities; an excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
· Solid business judgment and controllership focus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· PMP or the commitment to achieve this certification within one year of hire date
· MS degree in a technical discipline, MBA, or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
· Experience with multiple vendor management methodologies
AMZR Req ID: 533627
External Company URL: www.amazon.com