Army Installation Management Command Laundry Machine Operator NA-03 in Ansbach, Germany
About the Agency
Are you looking for an opportunity to be a part of a great team of smart, talented, creative, and motivated MWR professionals?
US Army Garrison Ansbach is a medium sized garrison in the southern German state of Bavaria, approximately 45 minutes west of Nürnberg. Ansbach is near to countless picturesque tourist destinations such as the walled cities of Rothenberg and Dinkelsbühl, the spectacular vineyards of the Franken winemaking region, and the scenic meadows and forests of the Frankenwald. The town of Ansbach is home to about 40,000 residents and boasts a very low crime rate, very little traffic, congestion or pollution, and good shopping and recreational opportunities. The historic city center is connected by a footbridge to a new shopping mall offering a fine balance of old world charm and modern convenience
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens eligible for employment under US conditions affiliated to Ansbach, Germany. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) - Fill in the blank with Area of Consideration identified by management and included in the AOC Assessment.
This position is located at Ansbach, Germany at Brainard Hall Army Lodging.
Performs work in support of the in-house laundry operation. Operates commercial laundry machines to wash bulk laundry items. Receives items from laundry workers; loads and unloads items into and out of washing machines and dryers. Ensures proper sort, loading capacity, cleaning solvents and correct settings for operation of machinery. Folds, stacks, bundles, and tags finished items. Operates a press for ironing. Maintains stock and the cleanliness of laundry area.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement
Must have knowledge of loading capacities of tumblers, extractors, or conditioners; the performance capabilities of laundry equipment; of the types and purposes of cleaning solvents. A basic knowledge of the different types of linen and how they should be laundered is also required. Incumbent must be able to perform troubleshooting and minor repair and maintenance of equipment
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Required standing and walking on hard surfaces with some bending, lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 50 pounds,e.g., pulling wet laundry from washer, pushing heavy carts, and lifting bundles of laundry. A physical will be required to determine physical qualification.
Works inside in areas that are noisy, hot and humid. Exposed to the possibility of bruises from moving carts or falls on wet floors in the washing area.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476534700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-09 to 2017-08-20
Salary: $10.04 to $11.72 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 3
Series: 7305 Laundry Machine Operating
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules
Job announcement number: EUNAFJJ1710034217
Control number: 476534700