KeyCorp Specialist IV Retirement Operations in Amherst, New York
Specialist IV Retirement Operations
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
This position is responsible for Retirement/HSA support functions through telephone requests by performing timely processing of monetary transactions and maintenance. This specialist acts as a technical expert for KeyBank s Retirement/HSA plan portfolio for all branches and the Retirement Contact Center. This specialist is responsible for processing complex Retirement/HSA transactions. Each specialist will participate as a team member dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to each other, internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Listens to others, speaks effectively, uses diplomacy and tact for excellent interactions with the team to assure a cohesive work environment so that as a team, deadlines and service levels are met.
* Strong client focus and customer service skills to answer telephone inquiries from external and internal clients
* Executes transactions for Branches, Call Centers and department functional tasks accurately and timely in accordance with department procedures and federal and state government regulatory requirements.
* Analyzes, and remedies customer processing requests as they pertain to regulatory compliance and reporting.
* Maintains current and correct documentation for each Retirement Plan and HSA established for retrieval, storage, safekeeping and disaster recovery.
* Performs mandated processes to insure compliance regarding account opening and plan documentation.
* Performs diverse functions and is required to work independently with limited supervision.
* Utilizes computerized systems which control information to be elicited and researched when performing tasks.
* Utilizes PC software to prepare correspondence and fulfill functional tasks with the ability to utilize advanced Microsoft Office Word/Excel (macros, V-look-up, pivot tables) to create efficiencies in the processes performed by the team.
* Stays current with the Internal Revenue Code regulations, Treasury Regulation changes, private letter rulings and IRS announcements and notices and applies them to work processes.
* Consistently recommends efficient and effective processes for managing compliance and corporate risk.
* Possesses the functional and leadership skills that allow for high level, accurate decision making as it relates to processes, compliance, risk and client service
* Demonstrate commitment to high performance management by modeling KeyBank values which will ensure that our employees and customers receive the respect set forth by these values.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
* Flexible work schedule to meet deadlines
* Advanced Microsoft Office Word/Excel skills
* Well organized, with the ability to multitask and have strong customer service skills to be able to service our clients over the phone in a high volume environment
* Adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment
* Detail orientated to ensure accuracy in tasks completed
* Propensity to work with IRS regulations
Knowledgeable in deposit products
Two years of customer service experience
On the Job
3920 Main St, Amherst, NY 14226
About the Business
Key Technology and Operations (KTO) is Key Bank s shared services organization for technology, operational, and servicing functions supporting business partners and clients across all lines of business. Within the overall organization, KTO provides efficient, reliable and secure technology; creates an effective variable cost technology delivery model that maximizes the return on IT spend; orchestrates the efficient use of corporate information and technology assets; and supports innovation that creates competitive distinction. KTO is effective and efficient in payment and deposit servicing, loan servicing, exception and dispute processing, investment and support services, sourcing and procurement, as well as enterprise-wide fraud prevention, investigations and operational support to human resources and the Bank s BSA/AML program.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.
Employer's Job# 22719BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.