M & T Bank Operations Risk Manager I - Enterprise Security - 3DDPF in Amherst, New York
Manage/Perform the administration of various operational risk initiatives for the bank and risk preventative committees. Role requires demonstration of knowledge for risk management strategies and the financial industry. Leverage risk management tools to enhance the organizations risk awareness in order to facilitate improved decisions. Oversee the development and implementation of operational risk initiatives for the bank. Continuously explore new applications for operational risk tools and information, seeking educational opportunities, and applying this knowledge to enhance M&T Bank.
• Prepare and present updates and communication to various levels of management.
• Assist risk organizations and business units with efforts to adhere to risk management best practices utilizing risk management framework and tools.
• Participate and co-manage cross-functional teams with the collection and quantification of capital modeling data
• Validate and report on loss data, including trend reporting and internal /external data
• Advise management regarding potential risk management issues
• Develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance
• Correct and track process deficiencies uncovered by audits and Federal/State exams
• Provide client education within the bank by assisting with the formation and execution of training materials.
• Manage and participate on projects that impact the enterprise wide risk management of the organization
• Perform other assignments/projects as requested by management.
• Manages substantial data from an operational risk perspective for the bank. Works closely with various levels within every business line, senior management, and various risk management groups throughout the organization. Performs and facilitates the critical interface between the collection and application of operational risk information. Analysis will have a direct impact on the banks risk management strategies.
• May have supervisory responsibility.
• Incumbent will be required to develop successors and talent pools.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years banking/finance and risk management/compliance administration/audit/analysis, strategic consulting experience
• Minimum 4 years project management experience, including supervisory responsibilities
• Proven ability to develop and integrate risk management controls into business processes
• Experience leading cross-functional project teams
• Must possess self-motivation and organizational skills
• Demonstrated expertise in advanced analytic and risk management
• Understanding of profitability and loss
• Proficient in personal computers
• Excellent problem solving skills using creativity and innovation
• Developed industry and/or functional expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication and cross-functional collaboration
• Ability to articulate ideas and develop alternative recommendations
• Establish and maintain solid working relationships with senior management and business partners/vendors
• Ability to work well with all levels of management
• Must have good ability to direct and motivate staff
• MBA/Masters preferred
• General understanding of bank systems and processes
• Knowledge of software utilized in the department
About M&T At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
Apply today at www.mtb.com/careers !
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas. M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.