KeyCorp Analyst III, Operations in Amherst, New York
Analyst III, Operations
JOB BRIEF (PURPOSE):
Assist in managing the review of process quality testing results and exception reporting of the department. Review the work of loss mitigation processors to remediate any exceptions based off of daily reporting. Manage projects within the department. Analyze data and reporting in order to provide feedback to management. Structure the daily workflow of the underwriting team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Creates, optimizes and maintains Loss mitigation underwriter workflow schedule then manage intra-day (when necessary) to ensure production is met.
* Manage daily reviews of process quality testing results and exception reporting for Consumer &/or Mortgage products
* Compile data from weekly quality review and production reporting for management review.
* Partner with technology to build, maintain and implement proprietary underwriting and analysis tools
* Analyze quality testing and exception reporting to identify corrections and confirm remediation is completed timely.
* Partner with Internal Control to ensure that effective controls have been implemented and facilitate remediation of any defects.
* Responsible for monitoring all underwriter queues and is proactive in working with management to determine long and short term staging needs and allocation of staffing resources and workflow to achieve service levels.
* Utilize pipeline and control reports to observe agents actual state compared to schedule state and partner with agents to take action based on observations.
* Identify gaps in the processes and workflows and develop solutions to those deficiencies with a focus on efficiency gains via automation.
* Maintain specialized knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and CHFA and ensure timely implementation of investor changes.
* Deliver the required monthly investor reporting and assist with the resolution and remediation of monthly investor audits.
* Maintain knowledge of compliance mandates, mortgage servicing policy and procedural updates and investor specific guidelines and related changes in the mortgage servicing industry.
* Collaborate with various departments within mortgage servicing to ensure resolution of outstanding customer issues.
* May perform data analysis and reporting of departmental statistics.
* Facilitate process innovation and/or special projects assigned by manager.
* Serve as an escalation resource and mentor for loss mitigation underwriters
* Provide workforce and performance reports to management.
* Create any ad hoc reporting as needed to present to management.
* Communicate and track workflow management issues to management as required.
* Perform investigation and escalation for complex or high severity complaints and remediation items.
* Leads meetings with Liaisons and/or underwriters to define prioritization of tasks
* In order to be successful in this role, the analyst must have excellent organizational skills. The analyst must be able to effective manage their caseload and adhere to strict deadlines.
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS:
Navigation in internal lending systems.
2 to 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
Default Mortgage servicing experience
Thrives in changing business environment, flexible and committed
Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities; must work well in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
A 2 year Degree or a Bachelor s Degree or higher is preferred or equivalent experience in lieu of. Degree in Finance or Statistics is preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proven ability to interact with all levels of personnel
Demonstrated problem-solving skills
Strong time management and organization skills
Experience in operations or financial background is preferred.
Ability to conduct data analysis and spreadsheet work.
Ability to pay close attention to detail and review work with a critical eye from a quality control perspective.
Investor (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA etc.) knowledge is preferred.
Knowledge of RESPA is preferred.
Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Yes on internal systems
About the Business
Key Technology and Operations (KTO) is Key Bank s shared services organization for technology, operational, and servicing functions supporting business partners and clients across all lines of business. Within the overall organization, KTO provides efficient, reliable and secure technology; creates an effective variable cost technology delivery model that maximizes the return on IT spend; orchestrates the efficient use of corporate information and technology assets; and supports innovation that creates competitive distinction. KTO is effective and efficient in payment and deposit servicing, loan servicing, exception and dispute processing, investment and support services, sourcing and procurement, as well as enterprise-wide fraud prevention, investigations and operational support to human resources and the Bank s BSA/AML program.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.
Employer's Job# 23020BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.