General Electric Head of Global Regulatory Operations - Pharma in Amersham, United States
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Head of Global Regulatory Operations manages the Global Regulatory Operations Team and the operational Outsource Partners. The role is accountable for the delivery of all regulatory submission filings and owns the strategy for all regulatory information management systems / processes.
The role reports to the Head of R&D Global Operations and is the subject matter expert aligned to Global Regulatory Affairs (GRA), is a member of the GRA Leadership Team and is a key contributor to the strategic direction of the business, eg. use of CRO panels, flexible resourcing strategies, etc.
• Direct and develop the Global Regulatory Operations team to efficiently deliver on all operational priorities in all regions: EU, USCAN, LatAm, EAGM, APAC.
• Prioritize and balance operational workload to secure the best outcomes, take decisions to resolve complex issues, use experience and judgment to achieve all operational deadlines.
• Oversee all business-critical submissions, strategies and plans, providing functional expertise to cross functional teams.
• Be the subject matter expert for Health Authority requirements and for regulatory information systems: document management, submission publishing, registration tracking, submission planning, submission archiving, IDMP.
• Drive process improvements, deliver new external mandatory requirements (eg. xEVMPD, IDMP) and new internal business initiatives (eg. simplification).
• Direct outsource partners to execute on all work activities, to fulfill project objectives and to meet all Key Performance Indicators.
• Oversee the development of processes, policies, guidelines, SOPs and Training Manuals.
• Build Relationships with Industry Working Groups and Agencies to ensure future global, regional or national mandatory requirements are known and fulfilled.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific or Life Sciences discipline and/or significant experience in a Global Regulatory Operations leadership role or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Strong track record of Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences experience managing operationally focused activities or teams within Regulatory Affairs.
• A working knowledge of Pharmaceutical Regulatory Submission requirements as defined by ICH and Global Health Authority Guidelines (FDA, EMA, etc.)
• Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment with often shifting priorities.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or direction.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Line Management Experience, excellent communicator and team leader.
• Resourceful attitude and proficient at making the necessary decisions to achieve business objectives.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.