Excelsior College Technology and Facilitiy Services Operations Coordinator** in Albany, New York
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, virtual, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Technology and Facility Services Operations Coordinator,
The Technology and Facility Services Operations Coordinator will support the administrative and operations functions of an office of nearly 60 individuals; including the CIO and other management staff.
The Operations Coordinator will assist in organizing the office to deliver high quality technology and facility services while working with staff in a helpful, courteous manner with a high degree of integrity of protecting confidential information. This individual will need to independently plan for and coordinate meetings; including governance schedules. This position will assist with the analysis of business documents for accuracy while prioritizing tasks to meet tactical and operational goals and deadlines. This position will also develop and maintain paper and electronic filing systems, coordinate travel arrangements, assist hiring managers with on-boarding new staff, reconcile monthly credit card statements, oversee office employee recognition program, serve as alternate Contact and Purchasing Coordinator, serve as the office planning committee chair, and represent the office as the Communications Ambassador.
This is full-time position based at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY and reports to the CIO.
- Support the CIO, AVP for Analytics and Decision Support, and other management staff to effectively organize the work of the office to deliver high quality technology and facility services. Work with staff in a helpful, courteous manner with a high degree of integrity while protecting confidential information.
- Independently plan for and coordinate meetings by preparing and distributing meeting materials; reserving and preparing meeting facilities; setting up audio/visual equipment; and recording meetin minutes.
- Collaborate with the CIO, AVP for Analytics and Decision Support, and other management staff on maintaining technology governance schedules.
- Assist the CIO, AVP for Analytics and Decision Support, and other management staff with the analysis of business documents for accuracy while prioritizing tasks to meet tactical and operational goals and deadlines.
- Maintain electronic calendar schedules for the CIO, AVP for Analytics and Decision Support, and other management staff with a high degree of accuracy. Coordinate resources, anticipate individual preferences, and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Preserve a strong collaborative relationship with all internal and external clients.
- Develop and maintain paper and electronic filing systems using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for office staff through travel agency and conference scheduling.
- Assist Hiring Managers with on-boarding of new staff. Coordinate and schedule telephone and on-site interviews, welcome and orient new employees, and maintain the office organization chart.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements for the CIO, AVP and the office.
- Other work as assigned.
- An associate degree and a minimum of four years of related experience is required.
- Experience in a technology office and higher education are desired but not required.
- Well-developed problem-solving, judgment and critical thinking skills. This includes good math and research skills.
- High level of proficiency using computer applications including Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, spreadsheets, file management systems, electronic email, calendar software, and internet browsers. Must type at least 50 wpm and be willing to learn and use new computer software.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines and multitask.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to interact with internal and external constituencies professionally and pleasantly.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential situations and information.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro:
Closing Date: Closing Date August 18, 2017